Match Reports for week ending 14 November 2009

Aquatic Sports entertained the Colonel Prior at Marley Potts in the TWR Trade Frames Premier Division with Aquatic knowing that a win would take them joint top of the league with the Jolly Potter. The game kicked off and both teams cancelled each other out in the first ten minutes. The first chance came to Aquatic forward Mark Fisk and he took it well with a cool left footed shot into the corner of the net to make it 1-0. The Prior then came to life with five minutes of pressure on the Aquatic goal and getting on level terms with a long ball over the top (with the ref not spotting two of their players offside), but the forward took the ball down and played it across the six yard box for the Prior centre midfielder John Spence to slot it home making it 1-1. With 15 minutes remaining to half time Aquatic went 2-1 ahead with a quick passing move down the right side and finished off with Hailstone just getting his toe to the cross making it 2-1 at half time. The second half started with both teams trying to find a way past each others defence. Aquatic trying to find a third goal had some good chances but the Prior keeper kept them at bay with some good saves and that must have lifted the Priors' players because with their next attack they made it  2-2. A well worked goal starting in midfield with some neat passing then a one two on the edge of the box with the forward Gary Adey making no mistake from 10 yards. With 20 minutes left either team could have won it and Aquatic must have thought they did when Scott Hailstone made it 3-2 wth a good finish but full credit to the Prior as they came back again to make it 3-3 when they were awarded a penalty after the left winger went on a good run and was brought down in the box for a penalty. The Prior ‘goalkeeper’ placed the ball on the spot and calmly slotted it into the corner of the net making it 3-3 and each team having to settle for a point.   Prior were again missing big players for this league clash with aquatic, Richardson, Sanderson, Marsh and Major were out through injury or work commitments. But even so the prior put out an attacking team which produced one of there better displays this season but still conceded 3 soft goals. A game which either team could have won ended 3-3.
Blue House got a well deserved win over Hylton CW with the Blue House running them ragged. It was a grey day but it was made ‘Blue’ again with an excellent performance by the Blue House who started the game with a bang keeping Hylton defending as Blue House tried to take the lead and had a couple of good chance but the break through came from a corner when Brian Carter swung a great cross over to be met by centre back and man of the match Luke Morrow to net a thunderous header past the Hylton keeper to make it 1-0 Blue House. It wasn't long before Blue made it 2 when James Gilhesphy ran down the left wing crossed it in to be met at the front post by Martin (Ghandi) Hope to slot it past the keeper on his return game after a couple off games injured. Blue House should have finished the game by half time but didn't take their chance's. Half time Blue House 2-0 Hylton CW. Second half Blue House were still all over Hylton with some great passing and skill and still creating a lot of attempts on goal. Then it was game over when a lovley ball came over the top for Brian Carter to go 1 on 1 with the keeper to smash it into the back of the net to make it 3 and that’s how the game finished HYLTON CW 0-3 BLUE HOUSE FC. In the other remaining fixture in the Premier Division, Hendon FC were far too strong for local derby opponents Hendon Grange Global Gym, running out comfortable 5-2 victors. Kyle Sumner (2), Marcus Turnbull, Martin Jackson and Michael Welch were the scorers for the Grange.
Houghton Town carried on from last season and were knocked out of the Alan Hood Memorial Trophy early doors by first division opponents Colliery Tavern who quite simply battled harder, were more physical and wanted it more. Town were again without the inspirational Tony Harrison and with Stuart Archbold, Allan Carr, Paul Hamilton, David Jackson, Ian Brown & Paul Lamb also missing Town were down to only a squad of 15, Captain Kyle Lax and Striker Ian Mordey were only fit enough to start on the bench. Town got off to a decent start and were ahead within 10 mins when Dean Smith notched but that was as good as it got, after that we didn’t press, test the keeper and couldn’t string 2 passes together, Collery were also getting stuck in which some of us clearly didn’t fancy, the daft thing was Town’s back three of Agnew, Bowden and Day were all performing and defending very well and Tavern never looked like scoring until a freak goal just before half time, an ambitious 40 yard effort hit the bar and bounced up, Boardman got caught ball watching in goal and by his own admission was beaten too easy by the striker who headed home when the ball came down. The second half was much the same with Town again very poor and wasting the ball far too much and again never tested the keeper. Tavern went ahead with their first attack of the second half and that’s the way it stayed, only Hope with a good free-kick came close, Town tried a treble substitution on the hour with Mordey, Lax and Dorian coming on and going three up top but it got no better, infact it got worse as Mordey got crocked in a fair challenge and had to be carried off on 80 mins, a sad way for Mordey to end what was his last game before going into hospital for a major operation on Wed. After that the game died and only great defending by Town’s Bowden and an excellent Boardman save kept the score down!! Mark Robinson was man of the match for Colliery Tavern and Chris Day for Houghton. Jolly Potters were very confident going into their game against Chesters BB in the Alan Hood Memorial Trophy but were brought back down to earth by Nelly, Gaz and Basha telling them this was another game they had to work hard to win. The Potters took an early 2-0 lead and never really looked back with the game eventually finishing 6-0. In the windy conditions the Potters played football on the floor. Goal keeper Cullen kept feeding Robson and Lax and these played balls up the lines to Saunders and Grant who went at the Chesters defence the whole game. With Keithley and Wardle bossing the middle the Potters were comfortable. Up front McCabe and Wharton worked the Chesters back four hard and they both got their reward with a goal each. At the back Coomber and Dodds kept the Chesters front men quiet and Cullen didn't have much work to do. In the second half Potters shuffled things around, made 3 substitutions and Conlin, Cox and Walton slotted straight in and Potters could have added a few more goals. Scorers; Grant 2, Wharton, McCabe, Wardle, Lax.
The other game in the Alan Hood Memorial Trophy competition between
Dawdon & Redhouse FC was abandoned due to Redhouse player, Ian Innes, breaking his fibia and tibia. On behalf of everyone within the league we wish Ian a full and speedy recovery. The game will now be replayed on 19/12/09.
The Cove entertained Travellers Rest in their TWR Commercial First Division game and with both teams starting the game brightly, a perfectly weighted through ball from David Oxley put Andrew Brown through to slip the ball past the visitor’s goal keeper to give the Cove the lead. Shortly afterwards, Travellers equalised through Brett Edwards to level the score 1-1 at half time. For the 2nd half The Cove made 2 changes, 1 in midfield and one on the right wing, The subs seemed to pay off as the cove took control of the game with good passing and excellent defending when needed. The cove soon took the lead again, a shot rebounded to Steven Halliday’s feet for a simple tap into put The Cove 2-1 up. The Traveller's continued to battle their way back and equalised following a good move to make it 2-2 through Jonathan Rowntree. The travellers rest soon went 2-3 a shot from there striker, our goal keeper equal with an exellent save, only for the ball to drop to Brett Edwards who smashed the ball in for his second and winning goal. The last ten minutes were played like a cup final, both teams having chances, the cove more so, piling on the pressure, fighting for every ball. It was a vast improvement on previous performances by The Cove witch gives them confidence going into their next fixtures. Usworth played host to Arms & City Coach Works and took an early lead through Lee Williams who, after a great solo run, rolled the ball under the advancing keeper. However their lead was short lived as the Arms got their act together and replied through Gordon Glendenning, Jake Baker (2) and Paul Bainbridge to take a comfortable lead. Usworth pulled another goal back through Golightly but it was too little too late, final score 2-4 to the coachworks. Washington Cricket Club took a break from league action today when they travelled to The Saltgrass in the 2nd round of the TWR Commercial League Challenge Cup with a few selections problems. Due to injuries and players missing there were opportunities for fringe players to stake their claim for a regular place in the team. Saltgrass kicked off in gusty conditions with the wind behind them, but immediately lost possession to James Douglas, who broke forward and saw his shot deflected for a corner. The swirling environment was giving both teams anxious moments with Phil Sykes dealing well with a vicious in-swinging corner which he tipped over from underneath the crossbar. Then in the 21st minute a slick move allowed Dan Clark to slip Phil Ingram into space, a good 1st touch and poised finish put the visitors into the lead. Washington taking control, created several opportunities, but the final ball and lack of control in the box kept Saltgrass in the tie. With half time approaching and the visitors seemly in command, a lack of concentration in the Washington back four allowed the home team back into the game. Indecision enabled the home forward to race clear and fire a shot passed the Washington keeper from 20 yards. H.T. 1-1. The second half started with Washington raising the tempo. With the wind behind them they created numerous openings, the best being a header from Dan Clark from a corner being cleared off the line with the keeper beat. Eventually the pressure told and Washington took the lead when an accurate ball in from the left ultimately fell to David Laidler to clinically fire the ball into the top corner. Washington in ascendency now settled the tie with a third from Gavin Pine. Intelligent procession on the left allowed Anthony Dixon into the box to fire a shot that was well saved by the keeper only for Gav Pine to follow up and kill the tie as a contest. Washington without being at their best still had enough in their locker to see off a spirited Saltgrass performance and will be in the hat for the next round draw. F.T. 1-3 WCCFC.
After last weeks comfortable victory
Country Park Inn came up against a Cambridge side looking determined to take maximum points in their First division fixture. Paul Stokoe with a hat trick and Liam Richardson were the scorers for Cambridge. Keith Robinson and Anthony Mallin replied for CPI.
In the other remaining fixtures,
Sassco defeated Hylton Colliery Juniors 5-3, and Times Inn defeated Park View 5-2.
At the recent league management meeting welcomed a new team, East Durham Spartans, into the league. They will play their first fixture away to The Saltgrass on Saturday 28
th November.

Match Reports for week ending 07 November 2009

Aquatic Sports
had a tough home match in the TWR Trade Frames Premier Division against in-form Redhouse, Aquatic knowing only a win would keep them in touch with the top teams. The game got started and it didn't take Aquatic long to get in their stride with Scott Hailstone scoring first with a fine left foot strike. Hailstone then got his second with a tap in after good build up play. Only 15 minutes had passed when Michael Conlin made it 3-0 with a well taken header at the back post. Redhouse shook themselves down and started to play with Aquatic keeper Kyle Donaldson producing 2 top class saves from Redhouse players Smith and Wooton. Then  just before half time Redhouse pulled a goal back when they were awarded a free kick on the edge of the box, with Aquatic sorting the wall out Anthony Carter took it quickly firing into the bottom corner making it 3-1 at half time. The second half kicked off with both teams having chances at each end when that man Scott Hailstone made it 4-1 with a fine finish after a well worked move and completing his hat-trick. Redhouse still tried to play but came up against a strong Aquatic midfield and defence giving nothing away. Aquatic made 3 subs and it paid off when Mark Fisk replaced MOM Scott Hailstone and within 10 minutes scored 2 goals to make it 6-1. Redhouse pulled another goal back after a mistake in the Aquatic midfield which led to Steven Smith slotting the ball home for Redhouse. With 5 minutes left Scott Johnstone (contender for MOM) made it 7-2 when he ran through on goal and slotted it in the far corner completing a great result for Aquatic.
Blue House cruised to victory with a 7-1 drumming over Hendon Grange Global Gym. It was the Grange who took the lead after Blue House missed chance's to be at least 3 up. Then the Blue House got the break through with a lovely goal by Brian Carter to make it all square at the break 1-1.Second half was Blue House all over the Grange but it took an own goal to put the Blue in front and then the flood gates opened when James Gilhespy smashed a volley past the keeper then Jordon Thompson 1 on 1 with the keeper and keeper miss read the ball and letting Jordon slip it in to the net to make it 4. Tony Armstrong made it 5 with a lovley effort past the keeper then centre back Luke Morrow broke past the grange defence and cracked it home to make it 6 and Jordon Thompson made it 7 when he shot went past the keeper game over Blue House 7-1 Hendon Grange. It was a brilliant performance by Blue House’s Keith Lonsdale who was voted Man Of The Match.

In the TWR Commercial First Division match between
The Colliery Tavern and Saltgrass both teams observed two minutes silence ahead of Remembrance Sunday before kick-off. The game kicked off with the Saltgrass going ahead by 2 goals, the second scored by John Hope was a 30 yard strike which flew past the defenders and goalie. The Colliery Tavern replied with two goals from Anthony Stokell, one a 25 yarder, and 1 from Carl Chapman to put the Colliery in front at half time. In the second half Michael Bulmer added 2 more for the Colliery ran out 5-3 winners.

With 2 new additions to the team the
Colonel Prior had their strongest squad of the season to pick from against The Cambridge, only missing injured Sanderson and Richardson, with Major and Marsh out having work commitments. With 16 players to choose from, the Prior were feeling very confident of getting their season finally going but how wrong they were. The strong team that was picked got off to a terrible start when a bad pass by a prior defender was capitalised on and the Cambridge took the lead. Then an identical goal put them 2-0 up. The Prior pulled one back though John Spence and then equalised through debutant A Smith. but then a mixture of bad passing, commitment, getting out battled and terrible defending resulted in the prior being beaten 4-2. The Cambridge ran out worthy winners.

Country Park Inn went into their game against The Cove with a heavily depleted squad and were down to just 13 players. Both goal keepers were missing (1 broken leg and 1 at work) which meant Chris Priest, Marc Evans and Mark Sammut all taking a turn in goal. Country Park took the lead after 10 minutes following a good cross by centre back Gordon Tyzack which was headed home by Marc Evans. 10 minutes later they were 2-0 up through David Forster, doubling the score. Not long after that they went in 3-0 up with a spectacular goal from Tommy Blakeman who volleyed home a corner with the ball going in off the bar like a rocket. The second half started just like the first finished, Cp Inn were gunning for a fourth and it didn't take them long. A solo effort from Karl Addison saw him pick the ball up just inside his own half, running with it to the edge of the Cove's box and firing the ball into the keeper,s bottom left hand corner. Goals from Steven Davison (who was still a bit up miffed from missing getting his photo taken by the echo bloke the previous week), Chris Priest, Anthony Mallin and another 2 from David Forster to complete his hat trick, put the CP Inn 9-0 up which ended up as the final score. Richard Norris was voted man of the match
After a strong comeback the previous week, managed to put out another full-strength squad against Hylton Colliery Juniors in the Alan Hood Memorial Trophy. The highlights for Sassco were the two strong centre half players in Scott Smith and Gareth Stoker. Both repelled anything in the air and Scott, in particular, won almost every ball he went for. Both teams were very evenly matched and chances on goal were at a premium. Hylton's defence and midfield were very strong which resulted in the first half being goal less. The second half saw the same with both teams cancelling each other out, while Sassco were constantly being caught offside. Eventually, with time ebbing away, Mickey Pearson, yet another stand-in striker for Sassco, scored the opening goal. However, with around ten minutes remaining, Hylton Juniors equalised from a left hand side free-kick. As neither team could produce a winning goal, the game went to penalties. Hylton Colliery winning after Pearson, McDermont and Muers missed for Sassco from the spot.
The Arms and City Coach Works entertained The Times Inn and as per usual the arms started slowly, the Times Inn had 3 chances in the first ten minutes but fortunately couldn't finish them. The Arms then pulled themselves together after this and started to create chances. Jake Baker sent two chances wide of the mark before Gordon Glendenning got the opener and put the Arms 1-0 up at half time. At half time the lads got a lecture from assistant manager' Lil G', He was furious at the amount of chances that were missed and responded by making three changes for the second half. Fitness and sheer determination started to show in their play and after a run into the box Mancer kicked the ball straight at Richie Timm who turned and put it in the bottom corner to make it 2-0. A couple of minutes later Jake Baker tucked away his shot for the Arms to go 3-0 up. Straight after kick off Jake Baker won the ball and ran from the half way line and smashed a shot into the top corner from 20 yards to increase the lead to 4-0. With ten minutes to go ‘Gor’ crossed the ball for the german marksman ‘Von’ Ryan Ascherl, who was man of the match, to head in from half a yard to complete the scoring 5-0.

Washington CCFC welcomed Parkview FC to Southern Area in a return fixture from earlier in the season, when Washington secured a 2-0 victory. The game started brightly with both teams creating opportunities. Washington seemed to have the upper hand going forward, but looked vulnerable on the break. However they succeeded in getting the early goal to calm their nerves. A good build up on the right led to Stephen Cuthbertson shooting goal wards and the ever alert Phil Ingram to deftly flick the ball into the net. Washington were now on top, playing some precise one touch football without being clinical with their final ball or their finishing. Chances being spurned by several individuals proved to be costly after a mix up in the Washington box. A collision between Washington’s keeper Phil Sykes and full back Brian Clennell allowed Parkview an opportunity to score with the keeper flat out. After a goalmouth scramble and with the keeper still down, Washington kicked the ball out of play so the keeper could receive some attention. Unsportsmanlike from the restart, Parkview continued to play on rather than throwing the ball back to Washington. From the long throw-in the ball broke kindly for the Parkview forward to pull the ball back for an easy finish for his team mate. This allowed Parkview back into the game and Washington, losing their early momentum, struggled to get a foothold back into the game. After a shaky 5 minutes the home team began to force the play once again and after missing a couple of opportunities they finally got back in front. A great defence splitting through ball by Phil Ingram allowed David Laidler to run clear and score off the keeper, following it up just to make sure. Washington now had the ascendency and a third goal wasn’t long in arriving. An astute ball into the box caused problems for the Park View defence, with the ball eventually breaking to Stephen Cuthbertson to fire the ball home to make it 3-1 at half time. The 2nd half began at a reduced pace from the high tempo 1st half, but chances were still squandered by both teams. Parkview hitting the bar and Washington missing a golden chance when Brian Clennell ran through with just the keeper to beat. With players inside him he tried to clip the ball over the advancing keeper, failed to connect properly and the chance was lost. The game was starting to be stretched with both teams losing their shape and movement and the game turning into a rather scrappy affair. With the match entering its closing stages, one bit of quality brought Washington their 4th goal. Excellent play by Gav Pine on the left gave Phil Ingram the opportunity to deliver a great ball in for the unmarked Stephen Cuthbertson to head home into the top corner to make the final score 4-1.

Dawdon FC entertained Hylton CW in the TWR Trade Frames Premier Division and were comprehensively beaten 5-1. Goals from Lee Cresswell , Mark Cresswell, Graham Bunker, Alan Bate, Adam Hopps were enough to see off the home side. Craig Lloyd, who was man of the match for Dawdon, scored their consolation goal.

Chesters BB also had a game to forget, losing 5-1 at home to title chasing Jolly Potters. 2 goals from Jamie Marshall, one each from David Keithley, Michael McCabe and Stephen Robson were enough to see off the home side who replied through Nathan Coomber.

Kyle Sumner scored a hat trick for
Hendon FC in their Premier Division home game against Houghton B FC to lift them away from the lower end of the table. Final score 3-1.
In the other remaining fixture in the TWR Commercial First Division,
Travellers Rest just edged the result 4-3 in their home game against Usworth in an end to end game. Goals for ‘The Rest’ came from Adam Rowntree, Jack Rowntree, John Tumelty and Paul Bridge. Usworth scorers were Costa Loraine (2) and Lee Williams.

Match Reports for Week Ending 31 October 2009

In the Premier Division, Colonel Prior grabbed a much needed 3 points as they defeated Dawdon CW 5-2. The Prior just stay managed to field a team and showed tremendous character by playing superb attacking football and raced into a 4-0 half time lead thanks to a well taken hattrick from David Mitchell and a fine strike from Lee Norman.
It was a different story in the 2nd half as the roles were reversed as Dawdon threw everything but the kitchen sink at their opponents. Their fine play only rewarded them with 2 consolation goals which came from star man Craig Lloyd and Kevin Price.

Redhouse remain joint top as they obliterated Hendon Grange Global Gym 10-1. Charlton opened the floodgates after only 30 seconds and moments later Tommy Bell slid in the second. After periods of unanswered pressure, Grant Foster struck his sides 3rd goal for his first goal in 5 years. The Gymboys pulled one back immediately and only woeful finishing prevented the home side from increasing their lead.

The second half was one way traffic as Redhouse went goal crazy, Liam Wooton helped himself to a hattrick to atone for his earlier misses. Shaun Hounslow also got into the act as his cross-shot sailed in for number 7, Grant Foster knocked in the eight before a solo effort from Gareth Brazier worthy of Maradona made it 9. John Dixon then rounded things off as his 6 yard tap in sent it into double figures.

Chesters BB simply had no ideas as they slipped to a 2-4 defeat to an in form Aquatic Sports who have title ambitions of their own. Ian Redman and Shaun Flanagan grabbed Chesters goals, but it was ruthless finishing from Aquatics forwards that made the difference as their goals came from Scott Hailstone, Scott Johnstone, Craig Watson and Michael Conlon.
A special mention must go out to Aquatics secretary Tommy Oliver who has kept this team going for 50 years and who must be proud of his teams progress this season after they were in danger of folding 6 months ago. Well done Tommy keep up the good work.

In the game of the day, leaders Jolly Potters were pushed all the way by nearest rivals Hylton CW before finally prevailing 2-1 thanks to goals from Michael McCabe and David ‘Hotdog’ Keithley. Carl Price replied in vain for the Colliers.

Park View can count themselves unlucky as they lost 3-5 at home to a vast improving Shiney Row Travellers Rest in an entertaining First Division clash.

The visitors drew 1st blood as they finished off a good move with an easy tap in. The view were not to be outdone as they equalised within 5 minutes as Simon Peacock finished off a 12 pass move. Peter Briggs in the home goal kept the Travellers at bay with some acrobatic saves, but he could do nothing on 35 minutes as the visitors went ahead with a fine 18 yard strike. The View went into the interval on level terms through a Rob Russell header.

The second half started with the visitors well on top as Briggs make 4 top drawer saves of which one was a penalty, it wasn’t long however before the Travellers restored their lead and soon made it four after some sloppy defending.

An excellent free kick from Jamie Hounslow pulled one back for the home side to give them a glimmer of hope, this didn’t last long as the visitors broke away to score a classy fifth.
A disjointed Sassco UK were fortunate to grab a point as they drew 3-3 against The Saltgrass.

The visitors were quickly out of the traps and set about their business full of purpose. After some breathtaking football, the Salty found themselves 3-0 up after 30 minutes thanks to goals from John Higham and a brace from Tony Wilkinson who rolled back the years with finishes that Super Kevin Phillips would’ve been proud of. Sassco gave themselves a lifeline as Anthony Pearson pulled one back on the stroke of half time.

Mr Sanghas men started the second half with all guns blazing and were soon level thanks to strikes from Wayne Greenwell and Anthony Pearson. Chances came and went but in the dying seconds The Satlgrass had a chance to get the win their performance deserved as John Hope went clean through and with only the keeper to beat he spooned his shot hopelessly wide.
Despite making several new signings, The Cove were well beaten 8-0 by leaders Washington Cricket Club. All the goals came in the 1st half as The Cove simply had no answer to their opponents relentless attacking play. The Cricketers goals came from Ingram (2), Pine (2), Laidler (2), Dixon and Wailes.

Although this may have looked like a one sided game, The Cove must be commended for their 2nd half display showing superb team spirit and battling qualities.

Shiney Row Country Park Inn gained 3 vital points as they went nap with a 5-0 victory over the Times Inn. The Southwick side simply had no answers to the home sides attacking play as goals from Mark Evans (2), Chris Priest, David Forster and Daniel Wilson capped a fine display.

George Cogden was in inspirational form as he led the Colliery Tavern to a 3-1 win against Cambridge Hotel. The win keeps the Tavern hot on the heels of the leaders thanks to goals from Michael Bulmer (2) and Carl ‘20 Regal King Size’ Chapman. Cambridge replied through Paul Stoker.

The League also had 4 teams in action in the Durham Minor Cup of which 3 progressed to the 1st round proper.

Blue House led the way as they won 4-2, but they needed extra time to dispose of Bishop Auckland Cumberland Arms. The Wearsiders made the worst possible start as they found themselves 0-2 after 5 minutes, despite this setback they started to find their rhythm and started to settle down and it told in their play as star man Michael Potts pulled a goal back with a bullet header.

The second half was all Blue House as they peppered their opponents goal but couldn’t find a way past their keeper. Inspiration was needed and it came from Jordan Thompson who equalised with a cheeky back heel to take the game into extra time. The home side continued to get battered and with a penalty shoot-out on the horizon, up stepped Brian ‘El Galactico’ Carter to put his side ahead with a Raul type finish and it was soon all over as Jimmy Cooney sealed an amazing comeback with another quality finish.

Houghton Town B also made it through to the next round as they robbed Darlington Hole In the Wall 5-0. It was a scrappy opening to the game as both sides struggled to adapt to the plough field they were playing on. Just before half time Andrew Steele put the B-Team ahead as tucked away a penalty after he was upended.

On 55 minutes Mr Bogan made an inspired treble substitution, this injected some much needed life and urgency into the game. This unsettled the home side as the Houghton side scored 4 unanswered goals, firstly a brace from Smith, a header from Southern and the goal of the game from Phil Dorian – a sublime 35 yard chip which left keeper flapping.

The Arms City Coachworks were made to work hard before they progressed with a 5-4 win against Whickham Lang Jacks. In a game that was end to end, it was the wearsiders will to win and finishing qualities that got them through as they were helped with goals from Steven Wright, Ritchie Timm and star man Jake Baker who weighed in with an outstanding hattrick.
Hylton CW Juniors were knocked out in a seven goal thriller at the Billy Hardy Centre as Blaydon Stella Board Inn overcame them 4-3.

In the TWR Commercial League Challenge Cup, Usworth FC interest ended as they were comprehensively beaten 5-0 away to Hendon FC. Scorers for the East End side were David Rush (2), Kevin Churchill, Kyle Sumner and Martin ‘Eddie’Jackson.